Monday, November 24, 2008

Bills resurgence?

by Steve

Evidently the FIRE JAURON shirt will not be needed, this Sunday, at least. I still hate the dude, but winning, and winning big a.) kept our slim playoff chances alive b.) brought some much needed confidence back to the squad and c.) gave us a conference win.

S.F. coming out east after getting their asses kicked could get blown out again at the Ralph, but I'm not predicting anything just yet. The team showed up Sunday and did what they needed to do. It isn't worth a ZJ but I'll give them their due today.

They looked good. Trent had three good quarters, Lynch is Lynch, Evans got his 100 yards, and Josh Reed solidified himself on this team perhaps for the rest of his career. ( Didn't everyone criticize Marvelous BIG TIME when he extended him?) Shit even tight ends contributed. Furthermore our center, the weakest position on the o-line played adequately. Wait, wait did Peters have multiple penalties again? But I digress...

Holy Moley welcome to the NFL Leodis McKelvin. In six days this dude has not only turned heads but made believers out of many a doubter in Buffalo. I originally liked the pick, then he didn't contribute and I hated it. I remember using the term 'bust' in October. We can throw that word out the window for at least the rest of this season. Dude showed ball hawking skills, playmaking skills, nun chuck skills, just a lot of skills. And I loved every minute of it. It will be tough to put Greer back on the field thats all I know. And his recent play makes the decision on Greer's contract even easier(or harder).

Then again there were major holes in the overall performance. George Wilson for instance. Dude can make a play, seems to always be around the ball, then you see him get carved up and running 20 yards behind a WR somewhere around the goal line on the next play. I don't get it. And where did Reggie Corner learn to catch a ball err not catch a ball? Do we have linebackers on this team? How about defensive ends? I have never seen a team consistently run 10-15 yards past a QB and whiff on so many sacks in my life. Mind boggling.

I still don't see this squad playing in January but anything is possible. Without tie breakers we're going to need 11 wins to get in. Anyone have a break down of the Colts and Ravens tie breakers? It is probably too early but I know the colts have an easy friggen schedule and Manning has got his groove back.

Still waiting for the Roscoe Parrish end around

No comments:

Post a Comment