Friday, March 11, 2011

Are the Buffalo Sabres good?

by Steve

Holy smokes this will easily be the most positive Sabres post I have ever had. I am even willingly to go as far as to give Darc credit! While we all know a 2nd round pick is nearly useless the trade for Brad Boyes appears to be a near genius call. He has three goals in six games and averaging a point a game. There isn't even much negative to say about Ryan Millsie Miller my whipping boy. Jeez

They aren't in the playoffs yet, they are scared to play at home and everyone is being creepily happy about the improvements to the locker room but I won't hate. This team has done a near complete 360 not only since Terry Pegula took over but since the All Star break and the new calendar year.

Players that were recently called out in this space, namely Gerbe, Sekera and McCormick are playing much better. The Code-man may actually be a legit NHL player and Sekera is earning himself a solid contract come the summer.

I'm not yet ready to give Lindy Ruff much credit although he appears to be pulling all the right strings. In particular the benching of Sekera for a bit and playing Butler over my boy Weber. Now all Ruff needs to do is figure out how to win at home and this team will solidify the seventh seed in the playoffs.

I don't know if this is bizaro world where Regier, Ruff, the fan boy owner and the Sabres over all are getting near universal praise from me but I'm starting to like it. Hopefully this isn't the death knell.

1 comment:

  1. NFL lockout: best case scenario for the Bills.

    ReplyDelete