Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stephon Gilmore Buffalo Bills 10th Pick 2012 Draft

-Coast That's right, I am back...long layoff, but happy to be back on the blog. The Bills have chosen cornerback Stephon Gilmore from South Carolina with the 10th pick in the 2012 NFL draft. I love the pick. I wanted the Bills to go defense in rounds 1 and 2, at least, and we are halfway there. I do have my concerns though. First off, Stephon looked absolutely miserable to be drafted by the Buffalo BillS. Honestly, for a second I was nervous he was going to pull an Eli or Elway and refuse the selection. Secondly, the Bills don't exactly have a good track record when it comes to drafting defensive backs in the first round. Whitner makes me sick and somehow Mckelvin is worse. He will be off the team in about 3.5 months. Here are some statistics on the Bills newest addition. 6'0" 190 pounds 4.40 in the 40 8 career interceptions in three years at South Carolina The Bills still have a lot of needs to fill...most significant in my opinion is linebacker. It would have been interesting to see what the Bills would have done if Luke Keuchly wasn't taken right before us, but I think Nix was targeting Gilmore all along (Keuchly will probably be a star though since the last time a linebacker went right before our pick, he was a star (Willis) and our pick is no longer on the team (Lynch)). I hope the bills take a linebacker in round 2 if there is one worth taking. If not, go receiver or tackle.

1 comment: