Sunday, August 26, 2007

My fantasy football team

by Steve

Just had my draft for a FFL on yahoo.com. Its not for money or anything and I haven't done fantasy football in a while mostly because it has become way over hyped over rated, over saturated etc. and smallworld.com got bought out by the sporting news or some BS. So this year I got back into it for no particular reason except boredom.

Unfortunately I had to work the night of the draft, which interestingly enough started at 8:30. My shift didn't end until 9pm. Obviously though, I busted a move and got out of work around 8:20 seemingly enough time to get home and get right into it with out any stupid $15 Fantasy Football League rip off magazines and old BS information from January.

Well things didn't work out as planned. I got home right at 8:30, of course my mother was on the computer playing Snood of all things and I had to kick her off. I get onto fantasysports.yahoo.com click on 'enter live draft' and waited... The god damn Java screen kept churning and churning for hours it seemed. I was about to call Mozilla's headquarters and ask the creator of Firefox for some restitution. Finally at 8:46 the god damn chat room loaded and I was on the clock, in the 5th f'n round.

The league parameters include 1 starting QB 3 WR's 2 Rb's 1 TE 1 Kicker 1 Defense...
Scoring : Passing: 1 point per 25 yards & 4 points per TD. Rushing and Receiving: 1 point per 10 yards & 6 points per TD

So here's who I was stuck with

1. Larry Johnson ( I was pissed mostly because he had wayyy too many carries last year and was still holding out at the time.)
2. Brandon Jacobs ( Wait Tiki retired? Is this dude getting 25 snaps a game? again not happy)
3. Terrel Owens (At first I was super pissed, then realized maybe he isn't awful and Homo will bounce back)
4. Randy Moss (WTF?! Did I even pre-rank my players, terrible)

Now here is where, in my opinion, I started to ball grabbing young upstarts and potential beasts left and right, hopefully...

5. Alex Smith - I figured I needed a Quarterback, he has the pedigree and upside, hopefully the 49ers build on last season ala the Bills

6. Matt Leinart - Larry Fitz and Bolden, maybe Edg will have a comeback year

7. Warrick Dunn - You gotta have 3 dependable running backs, I just hope he carries the majority of the load in the ATL.

8. Jeremy Shockey - Ballin tight end with a decently solid offense and a Quarterback who is constantly looking for him, then again who could miss him.

9. JP Losman - I took heat for this pick, like I said I haven't played fantasy in a while. (Players taken after him, Kaeding, S. Holmes, Foster and 4 defensive units (Den, Pit, Dal Sea,)

10. Derrick Mason - Opps I thought he was #1 in Balt, forgot about Clayton.

(at this point I, like most, are reaching at straws.)

11. Kevin Jones (probably should have taken a defense here since Jones was later cut although as it turned out no defense was taken between my 11th and 12th pick)
12. Carolina Defense
13. Dwayne Bowe (sleeper?)
14. David Akers
15. Oakland D
16. Bo Scaife
17. LenDale White

Since I hated the first 4 rounds, I was basically on tilt to make a move. I said any of my first 4 players was on the market. I ended up with a few offers and eventually busted this move :

Brandon Jacobs for Chris Chambers and Clinton Portis. To make room I cut Kevin Jones.

Whadda ya think about my draft and subsequent trade, and suggestions...

7 comments:

  1. dwayne bowe equals balllllllllller.......nobody realizes hes a number 1 receiver i got him in the late late rounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bo Scaife sleeper pick of the year - (Coast's suggestion) - Rolled up the Bills D on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. how many rookie wr's have ever made a impact?

    ReplyDelete
  4. one and his name will be dwayne bowe

    ReplyDelete
  5. how much is a drink at the speeaaakkk eazzchssy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wha..what...what inning is it???

    ReplyDelete
  7. MOM?! ...... DAD? ..... AUNT JAMIE?!

    ReplyDelete