Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Owens will be #81

Local talent actually broke this story? Rare.. Sucks for Hardy too..

PFT explains


In his first Buffalo radio interview, with Shredd and Ragan of 103.3 WEDG, Owens made it clear #81 belongs to him.

Asked whether he'll wear the only number he has ever worn in his NFL career, Owens said, “Yes I am. . . . That’s my number.”

Owens then was asked whether he has worked out a deal with Hardy, which is typically the custom when a new player wants to finagle a jersey number that already has been issued to another player on the roster — and which typically entails a sizable cash payment to the player currently in possession of the number.

It was a simple “yes” or “no” question. But Owens opted not to answer it directly.

“When I walked into the building for the first time and they showed me around and I walked into the locker room,” he said, “first thing I saw was a locker and it had the number 81 with Owens . . . on the back and I had some other Buffalo swag hung up in the locker room. As far as working deals out, I don’t know. That’s not my department. I think Russ [Brandon] the General Manager, he’ll have to deal with that.”




No comments:

Post a Comment