Sunday, March 29, 2009

Stupid Ralph Wilson died rumor

by Steve

HOW THE HELL DID THAT RUMOR START? The rumor that Ralph bit it late Friday night ruined my evening. I get a text"Ralph dead?" And thought huh no way. Then I get another text "Ralph wilson is dead, rip" Then I almost threw up. Called Coste, called any die hard I knew, and nobody could find anything on the intrawebz but kept hearing from different people the same rumor.

As it turns out of course the rumor was false, but the question is how did it start, where did it start and damn how did it travel so fast? The thing spread like wildfire. I heard it from people that didn't know each other, the party I was at, everyone was talking about it. It was friggen weird man.

Thinking he was dead, I thought about this being the final season and how pathetic it would be with Dick Jauron as the head coach for the swan song. That would have been brutal. I just hope Wilson has some sort of plan secretly in place to keep this team here. Doesn't seem likely though.

Bottom line is he is still alive, and hopefully for another 10 years (if nothing else at least to guarantee the team will still be here). But a small part of me actually was relieved. Finally we will have a determination as to the fate of the franchise.. Looks like we'll just have to continue to wait..

Also Rest in Peace Lou Saban. He died today at age 87.

oh and uh, god damn it

1 comment:

  1. someone made some kind of article saying RIP Ralph Wilson...signing TO is gonna kill you...and someone only paid attention to the first part of that

    ReplyDelete