Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yankees luck out a ring over the Phillies

by Steve

I was trying to figure out if it was luck or they just got lucky in route to buying another world series. But I determined the Yankees actually got lucky and it was luck they beat the Phillies in the 2009 W.S.

Yes I did write this last year saying they wouldn't be celebrating much in the Bronx for a while. Unfortunately I was wrong so I'll eat crow there but still. Who woulda thought Skelator would still be effective at this late stage of his career? Who would have predicted the Yanks go out and get the top 3 free agents in the offseason while spending $423.5 million on them.

Back to this lame sauce World Series that finished on Nov 5th... A-rod hit .222, Teixeira .105 Cano .167 Milky[sic] .154 , Swisher .167 (those might be threw only 5 games) but how did this team win? Cottage Cheese had zero wins they had virtually not bench to speak of, Hughes and Joba gave up runs seemingly every time out there. Because of home runs in two of the smallest ballparks in major league baseball? Because DJ hit nearly .400 and Damon hit about the same with or with out using HGH or something like the clear? No No no you're right players usually hit their prime when they're 35ish.

If you wanna give them the benefit of the doubt I don't blame you honestly. DJ was probably just pissed he wasted the last 8 years of the prime of his career losing. I would be too especially with all the talent this team paid since their last title in 2000. And where did Matsui come from? At least I won't have to see his ugly mug again (he'll be leaving permanently for Japan tomorrow)

Alright I'm a bit of a sore loser but I'll always have the 2004 ALCS because yes that did happen, and I'm predicting the Yankees don't make the playoffs next season. (Unless they get the top 3 free agents again.

4 comments:

  1. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4623805

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manny Acta...he is going to turn the franchise around...look what he did with the Nats.

    FML.

    +Coast

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/columns/story?id=4618646

    Not in my Swing!

    ReplyDelete