Monday, October 11, 2010

Ralph Wilson speaks

Well, he is alive:

"I hope you understand that there's really nothing I can say," Wilson told The Associated Press. "You've seen this thing. I'm not going to try to explain it or make excuses. It's bad."

Wilson then expressed confidence in the plan that general manager Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey - both in their first years at the job - have for turning the team around. But he cautioned it won't happen overnight.

As for any message he had for the team's fans, Wilson said: "Two words. Pain and patience. P and P."

"Well, it is what it is. Everybody can see it, it's very painful," Wilson said. "It's going to take time. And I've said that from the beginning. It's going to take another three years until we get to turn this thing around."

Wilson then added the turnaround could come sooner, but he didn't want to sound too optimistic.

"I don't want to throw out a lot of hope," Wilson said. "I want to be a realist. I always have been. And we have to get some talent."

That search for talent begins at quarterback. Wilson noted Nix will be spending the next two weeks on the road scouting the top crop of college quarterback prospects.


3 comments:

  1. Obviously this team lacks talent. My concern is that when the team does have talent it doesn't recognize it or keep it. Teams shouldn't be drafting a RB in the 1st rd every 3 years or so. Does this team have anybody who fits in a 34 scheme? Or do the Bills want to run the 34 just to run it while being ridiculously bad. Chris Kelsay can't play LB. Stroud has been Houdini on the field. Just run the 43.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph tell me something I don't already know buddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/jenn_sterger_gallery/3394049

    ReplyDelete