Monday, December 24, 2007

Bills Offseason Preview

The 2007 Buffalo Bills season is over. Yeah, there is a game this weekend, but who really gives a shit? The only thing that can come out of Sunday's game is me hating the coaches more and thinking the players suck more, if that is possible.

So, it is time to take a look at the off season. What should the Bills do? Well, I am going to pretend I am the general manager of the Buffalo Bills, which I know I can do a better job, and discuss what it is that needs to happen. I am also going to try and be rational and not try firing and cutting everyone in sight because truthfully, that is what I want to do right now.

Let's start with Monday, December 31. As much as I want to fire Dick Jauron I can't because the players like him and it would cause some tension around the locker room. Thankfully, that ass hole Fairchild is gone. The only negative is that I wouldn't have the chance to fire his bitch ass since he already has another job. He is the kind of idiot you would just love to fire. The Bills need to bring in an offensive coordinator with a clue. We need a guy who isn't going to try to run the St. Louis style offense in the snow. Who is that guy WTF? No idea but I do know that I would look outside the organization. I would not promote QB coach Turk Schonert because he probably has the same type of mind set as Fairchild. Whoever it is, they will be under the understanding that if they run draws in the 4th quarter down 8 on third and long they are going to lose their job, simple as that.

As far as personnel, this is honestly what I would do. On offense, I would cut Peerless Price and Robert Royal. On defense, Larry Tripplett would lose his job. The dude is making 18 million dollars and is a joke. JP Losman would need to be traded. However, if we cannot get anything better than a 5th for him, ie. a 4th, I would keep him as the backup for 2008. I don't really see the need of getting rid of him so bad next year. He is still under contract. We might as well hang on to him if we can't get anything good for him. Next on the list is Aaron Schobel who is making $50 million. He is terrible. Sadly enough, people around the league actually think this bum is good. Is there any difference between having him out there or Denney or Hargrove? He probably still has some trade value. The Bills could probably get a 2nd or 3rd for him just because he somehow has the reputation of being good. He is after all a pro bowl alternate. I don't know how. Trade the bitch get him outta here.

Finally, March 1 comes around and so does free agency. Let's face it, the Bills biggest need right now is wide receiver, tight end, D line, D end, Linebacker wow there are a lot. The Cardinals third wide receiver is a UFA this year, Bryant Johnson. He is a big body, he stands at 6 feet 3, which is 5 inches taller than the Bills tallest receiver this year (not including Jenkins and Aiken). I would undoubtedly bring him in. Then, as far as tight end, LJ Smith is a UFA. I would make sure I brought him in too. These 2 dudes can help our offense and our young quarterback significantly. Finally, on defense, there is one free agent I would pursue and that is Albert Haynesworth. He may be too expensive and a charecter risk but I would take a look. Defense can be helped in the draft a lot quicker than offense so offense should be more of a focus in free agency.

This brings us to the draft. First round, outside linebacker. If I see Keith Ellison and/or John DiGiorgio in the game not on special teams I am going to fuckin snap. These dudes are little fuckin girls out there. They are so small and are outsized by almost every running back in the league. Ahmad Bradshaw, Jamal Lewis, and Brandon Jacobs racked up about 500 yards in two games. That will not happen if I am running things. In the 2nd round, with Schobel now traded and gone and who gives a shit about him I would take a defensive end with some size or a defensive tackle depending on who is available. I like Johnny McCargo in the middle paired up with some other beast who I would have to say isn't on the team right now. McCargo maked two plays yesterday on the goal line stand and then on the next drive he is out of the game. Screw this rotation. Why does Jason Jefferson need to be in the game ever? I would cut his ass too by the way. In the third round I would take yet another defensive lineman or a center depending on the best guy there. Upgrading the center position would be nice. The only way I would take a cornerback or another position is if there was a steal available.

Finally, the quarterback next year is going to be Trent Edwards. I don't want any competition for the starting job. Competition among the quarterback position is stupid. If he is the guy, he is the guy, period. Bring in an old veteran type like Todd Collins who knows his role. I don't want my guy nervous about losing his job every game .

Finally, why does this team not have a god damn full back playing in Buffalo weather. Screw the H back. I don't even know what an "H back" is. Bring in a beast lead blocker for beast mode. There has to be a full back around in the free agent market.

Projected starting lineup in 2008.
QB- Trent Edwards
FB- Brad Hoover (UFA from Carolina)
HB- Marshawn Lynch
TE- LJ Smith
LT- Jason Peters
LG- Derrick Dockery
C- Melvin Fowler ??
RG- Brad Butler
RT- Langston Walker
WR- Bryant Johnson
WR- Lee Evans

DE- Chris Kelsay
DT- Albert Haynesworth
DT- John McCargo
DE- Anthony Hargrove
OLB- Angelo Crowell
OLB- Keith Rivers (OLB USC, this dude is the best outside backer in the draft)
MLB- Paul Posluszny
CB- Terrance McGee
CB- Jabari Greer
SS- Dante Whitner
FS- KO Simpson

*The Bills could land a starting defensive end with one of their 2 2nd round draft picks (from the Schobel trade) The Bills also have 2 thirds (From the McGahee trade). So I would look to build defensive depth on day one. (Editors note, rounds 3-7 are on day two starting in the 2008 draft)

4 comments:

  1. cardinals want to keep johnson, shop larry fitz. 1st and 3rd rounder has been a rumor, but the pats got randy moss for a 4th.

    carlos dansby is also ufa and is a beast at olb. lance briggs?

    chris cooley ufa. him and lj are both nice.

    def. dt, haynesworth might be def poy.

    cut jim leonhard on principle alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would gladly give up a 1st and a 3rd for Larry Fitz. I just can't see the Cardinals dealing their top 5 draft pick from a few years ago. I would give up a 1st for Boldin too. They have a surplus of big wide receivers that we could definitely use. Yeah, Jim Leonhard is terrible and I wouldn't mind cutting him. The Lions also have a lot of wide receivers. I don't know how they would feel about trading Roy Williams. Who knows with Matt Millen. Plain and simple, we need to do something.

    -Coast

    ReplyDelete
  3. no way using a 1st round pick on a WR makes any sense to me.. cardinals can't use 3 wide receivers it makes no sense.. haynesworth will be resigned or franchised.. i'd love lj smith... 1st round or two look defense mainly dt and linebacker.. sign a TE in free agency wr in the 3rd round.. CB in the 4th qb in the 5th

    -steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not want to draft a receiver in the first round, but I would trade a 1st round pick for someone like Boldin. Best case scenario we get Bryant Johnson. Go beast linebacker or D lineman in the first and second rounds. What does a 5th round QB do for us? Then our QBs are Edwards, Hamdan and a 5th rounder. We need a vet if we don't keep Losman.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete