Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Fire Russ Brandon

By Steve

Does anyone remember 1/1/2013 ? Granted there is a new owner and he may have some different thoughts but Terry Pegula has kept all the same people in place since that date so it still applies..

Well if you dont remember, here is what (then CEO) Russ Brandon said on that date:

This is an organization with a proud tradition, but I will tell you that this brand has been tarnished. Its relevancy has been tarnished and it is unacceptable because we just have not won enough games. As Buddy (Nix) says all the time, it is a production business. That is what we are in this for is to win games.
It is time to start, create and lead this franchise into the future with a new legacy. I make three promises to our fans. Number one, I can promise you that this will be a forward-thinking, progressive and attacking organization heading into the future. One of the items that I am going to spend a lot of time on with Buddy, with Doug Whaley and with Jim Overdorf is we are going to create and establish a very robust football analytics operation that we layer into our entire operation moving forward. That is something that is very important to me and very important to the future of this franchise.

I also will promise that anyone who knows me and has worked with me knows that I will leave no stone unturned in taking this organization to a world class level. My college coach used to say, I think Thomas Edison said this, my college coach used to say all of the time ‘You find me a satisfied man and I will show you a failure.’ The one thing about me and how we approach things is I am, and it probably is a little of a curse too and a blessing, but I am rarely satisfied. We will not sit on our hands until we take this to another level. That is certainly a promise that I provide our fans.
I will identify and I will hire world-class people to bring into this organization, but most importantly I will empower people to do their jobs.

I repeat  "forward-thinking, progressive and attacking organization heading into the future" in any world have the Bills been any of those things the last two years?

How about " with Doug Whaley and with Jim Overdorf we are going to create and establish a very robust football analytics operation that we layer into our entire operation moving forward" ? Has there been even one iota of analytics the last two years?

Are the Bills satisified with the failure of the past two seasons (to mix words)? In what way has this organization become world class?

Maybe two years isnt enough. Should the Bills fire Doug Marrone and Whaley? Depends who you are replacing them with but here is one god damn thing I know for sure. The Bills have to fire the man that has more or less run this organization the last 10 years (ever since Tom Donahoe was fired in 2005). Russ Brandon must be fired.

What has he done besides scam people into buying in literally and figuritively to his vision of the Buffalo Bills. There is no arguement for keeping him. He is a snake oil salesman. He is a failure and he is the man holding this organization back. Until then I see no real hope.

1 comment: