Monday, February 20, 2012

Greg Oden: Time to Die

by Steve

Jeez Louise, if this guy wasn't highly paid I would actually feel really bad for Buffalo born Greg Oden. In fact, I still kinda want to see if there are any Oden OSU jerseys on ebay right now.

But damn, three micro surgeries on your knee and you're barely twenty-four? Ouch."You get the call of another microfracture surgery, it's just another one of those 'Why me?' moments," Blazers coach Nate McMillan told ESPN.com before Portland's game against the Lakers on Monday night. "I know he's saying that. I haven't had the opportunity to talk to him, but (it's) really sad that I won't have the opportunity to work with him this year, and this kid won't have an opportunity to play this year."

Evidently it was only supposed to be a routine arthroscopic procedure but the damage was more severe than originally thought. If I had to handicap the likelihood he plays again it is at about 5%. At least we still have Pat Kane, although I did find a Kane #88 shirzey at the thrift store today for $3. (13 goals this season isn't that bad is it?)

Keep your head of Greg you did get paid $1.5 million for doing nothing and are an unrestricted free agent come July!

No comments:

Post a Comment