Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bills/Sabres news

  • Bills signed Derek Fine. "Both fourth-round picks of the Buffalo Bills are signed as tight end Derek Fine inked his rookie contract with the club. Fine had agreed to terms late last week and the paperwork was finalized Wednesday. He joins fellow fourth-round pick Reggie Corner who signed two weeks earlier."
  • Brad Butler was signed to an extension. STILL no word on the terms of the contract. He did however have 2 years left on his rookie deal. The former fifth rounder probably got 5 years at $3 mil ish a year is what I'm guessing.
  • Trent needs to ball this year"I think I'm much different," Edwards said earlier this month during the team's minicamp. "You have to be a much more commanding quarterback if you're the starting quarterback. Last year, obviously, I wasn't so I couldn't do the things that I necessarily would have done had I been the starter."
  • The NHL salary cap is officially $56.7 million for 2008/09. Free agency starts at noon Tuesday July 1st.
  • http://www.sabresprospects.com" Is a sick site for Sabres rookie camp info and the players participating. No Brian Roloff this year.. :(

1 comment: