Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Eagles now keeping Michael Vick ??

Per Mike Lombardi, meh FWIW:

And contrary to popular belief, the Philadelphia Eagles plan on keeping Vick in 2010, NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi reported Tuesday.

"They have no intention this offseason of trading Michael Vick," Lombardi said on NFL Network's NFL Total Access. "Many people around the league feel like that's a lot of false bravado, (and) they're going to release him, because he has a ($1.5 million) roster bonus due in March. Not the case."

For his part, Vick has made it known that he's seeking a starting job. That said, he hasn't ruled out the possibility of returning to the Eagles.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick on Monday, Vick spoke about staying in Philadelphia.

"I would really have to think about it," Vick said. "I like the coaching staff. I like the people around there. Maybe I would do it. Who knows?"

In the end, though, it isn't Vick's call to make. The Eagles have an option to keep him next season and will have the final say in his future. As of now, they already are figuring out ways to increase his role, Lombardi reported.

"The Eagles believe as this offseason continues, they could incorporate him more into their offense," Lombardi said. "Seven-to-15 plays, he's a unique player, plus he could start at a moment's notice. Most of the National Football League will take this as a surprise, but the Eagles believe they're in a very good position, and they won't trade Michael Vick."

Oh and the Eagles hired Dick Jauron as secondary coach. hahaha wtf?

3 comments:

  1. Jauron's from the Holmgren tree. As is Reid.

    The Eagles are just blowing smoke. Kolbs their future, Vick stays if McNabb goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiss Asante Samuel's career goodbye

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm really looking forward to it," DeHaven said. "I'm looking forward to getting back there and seeing a hockey game. [The Sabres] are still my team. That never changed when I left. If I can watch a little hockey and have a Ted's hot dog, I'm excited."
    ...
    "I had a hard time rooting for them the first year I was gone," he said. "Since then, I was always rooting for the team I was coaching and rooting for the Buffalo Bills. That's my team. I don't know if there is a city in the whole country who deserves to have a world championship more than Buffalo."

    Welcome back, Bruce!

    ReplyDelete