Tuesday, October 14, 2008

John McCargo waived err traded

by Steve

Alright, I was going to reserve this post for ripping up Marshawn Lunch[sic] and his lack of productivity but the "blockbuster trade" has come down and I need to comment on it. No, no.. no, no not Tony Gonzalez to the Bills for a 3rd and a 5th. John McCargo given to the Colts for an alleged 4th round draft pick in 2009. Wha?

First off, ya gotta love our DT depth. Stroud, Spencer Johnson, Kyle Williams then ____.. WTF?!?! Bobby April and his chirping in Jauron's ear is killin me. I don't get it I really just do not understand it. This trade is mind boggling.

Are they selling high while the dude has an credibility/stock value? Do DTs all of a sudden get worse in their 4th and 5th seasons in the National Football League? I would tend to think it would be the opposite.

I don't know maybe I just have the blinders on for Johnny Mc(no not McCain). McCargo has shown flashes of greatness. Clearly those flashes were too few and far between for Russ and co. I just fear this trade coming back to haunt us. Who knows perhaps the Colts don't even resign him after next year. If thats the case it won't matter, but letting this dude go for a 4th round pick makes no sense. Did they really need the roster spot? Were they that desperate for a 4th round pick next year? Was this suppose to be a piece to something larger that fell through?

Which leads me to not getting Tony Gonzalez. I can't really blame the Bills because a.) I have no idea what they offered. b.) I have no idea what the Chiefs wanted. c.) I don't know anything that went on, or if Tony G even wanted to be traded. IF however he got dealt somewhere else, I would be livid.

Russ was having at least an A- grade since taking over this squad but today put a major cloud over the joy I have had for this front office. Maybe McCargo will never live up to his billing, never play to the caliber of a first round pick. Whatever the case, after 2.5 seasons and an early injury that stunted his early growth, another 9 games could have painted a much clearer picture on this dude's National Football League career.

1 comment: