Tuesday, May 13, 2008

James Hardy Brandishes a gun

by Steve

Well, so much for cleaned up his act.. Hardy pulled out a gun in an argument with his Dad a couple days ago. Christ where was Marv Levy when you needed him.

James Hardy, the former IU wide receiver just drafted by the Buffalo Bills, reportedly pulled a gun on his father during an argument, according to a police report filed Sunday with the football star’s name edited out.

No charges have been filed. The younger Hardy has a permit to carry a gun, and the police say they have no plans to pursue the matter further.

Officers were called to a home in the 2900 block of Weisser Park Avenue just before 1:30 p.m. Sunday by a woman who said a man was fighting with his father in her backyard.

The father was identified as James W. Hardy II, according to the report. The son, listed as a suspect with his name redacted from the report, was identified in police dispatch logs as 21-year-old James Hardy. The names of possible suspects are routinely blacked out of police reports provided to the public or media.

Police Chief Rusty York confirmed the younger Hardy was involved, but said because his father showed no signs of injury, there was no reason to pursue the matter further.

According to the police report, the female witness told police she yelled at the younger Hardy to stop fighting when he pulled out a black gun. The woman said Hardy then left.


Whatever, hopefully it was some bs from some asshole witness that just wanted to be on tv. According to buffalobills.com they spoke with Hardy and aren't very concerned. I personally don't care as long as he scores touchdowns and doesn't actually hurt anything.. we'll see.

Oh yeah, he already issued an apology too
"I realize what the public perception could be pertaining to this incident, however that was not the reality of the situation. This situation that has been blown out of proportion has been very hurtful and frustrating for me and my father. There was a misunderstanding and a misinterpretation of the situation. I would like to first apologize to the fans of Buffalo and the Bills organization for any distractions this may have caused. I would also like to apologize to my fans in Indiana and the children who look up to me because it has been hard on me and I know it's been equally hard on them to hear something of this nature. I do understand that this opportunity with me being drafted by the Buffalo Bills is a blessing and a privilege and not a right. So I ask that my fans just continue to keep me in your prayers and I will continue to strive to be the best I can be on and off the field."


Well, that didn't take long.

2 comments:

  1. I like it-we need a dude like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on, who hasn't pointed a gun at their dad before?

    ReplyDelete