Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bruce and Ralph inducted

by Steve

Aug 8th, Saturday, be there. Wait did you know it costs money to be at the speech and shit? $28 for stadium seating and $60 for floor seats.. WTF am I lost cause I dont know it costs money to go to Canton or is it an outrage it costs so much. Who knows, I might be there, hopefully I am. The bills play the Titans in the first preseason game there also.

Bruce Smith is the greatest Bill of all time. Easy. Dude is and was a beast. Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce, wow I miss those days. A d-end people feared and had to game plan against. Rare. Hopefully we see a lot of 78's that day, myself included. But no one is shocked by him getting inducted, he was a lock. He does have the most sacks in NFL history...

Ralph C Wilson Jr getting in is a different story. The dude has never won a Super Bowl, he runs all his smart football minds out of town. He replaces them with cheap leftover scraps. He gave us the 90's so I'll take it. He has kept the team in town so I thank him for that. But is it so tough to just find a new owner once you die? Can we not just have some succession plans christ. I don't give a fuck about your ego. Get the ball rolling on a local investment group please. I beg of you. Congrats on getting in. Not exactly sure why though. Was it the merger? The Raiders loan? The sub mediocre product for 65% of the teams existence?

But hey, two Bills going in at once, woulda been insane if Andre got in. He deserved to, Buffalo deserved it, but I guess it was just Bob Hayes' time. Who ever the fuck that is.

Wait $28 ?!?? c'mon..


Buffalo to Canton
Estimated Time: 4 hours Estimated Distance: 234.30 miles

1 comment:

  1. In 2002, there were so many #12 jerseys around it was unreal...it'll be the same with #78.
    If you're not sure what Ralph has done to deserve this, read "The Birth of The New NFL" by Larry Felser...great read and told so much more than even diehard fans didn't know.
    As far as not knowing who Bullet Bob Hayes was...it's a shock he wasn't already in the Hall

    ReplyDelete