Thursday, November 26, 2009

Jim Kelly's 2 cents on the Bills search

He talks about just about everything:

"I like Trent personally," Kelly told USA TODAY. "He works hard. But he's had three years. It's time to find somebody who is the future of the Buffalo Bills.

"If I'm the owner, that's what I'm thinking.

"Whether it's Tim Tebow, whether they'll have a shot at him when draft time comes ... you have to look at the top three quarterbacks in the draft, really study them. And you look for a guy with good character, good leadership ability and good arm strength — and a guy who doesn't come from California.


"After this Thanksgiving weekend, I'm going over to the office and sit down with them," said Kelly, 49. "Because if it'll take a phone call from myself, or (former teammates and fellow Hall of Famers) Bruce Smith or Thurman Thomas, there's no doubt we'll make it.

"There's no doubt they realize how passionate Bills fans are. Fan support, you don't have to worry about that in western New York.

Kelly said he wants to team up with Wilson to secure the franchise's future.

"I would love the opportunity down the road to be a big part of the ownership group," he said. "I hope I can sit down with Mr. Wilson at some time and discuss the future and making sure this Buffalo Bills franchise does stay in Buffalo, and making sure it is the Buffalo Bills from 1960 to 2040."

No comments:

Post a Comment