Thursday, June 30, 2011

Buffalo Sabres sign Christian Ehrhoff

by Steve

Per Bob McKenzie:Christian Ehrhoff has agreed to terms on a contract with the Buffalo Sabres. (rumors of 10 years $40 mil)

Damn Darcy Regier making moves. I was skeptical when they traded a fourth to the Islanders after they failed to sign him after giving up a fourth rounder also, but this is a great signing for Darc. The guy had no credibility but he might be moving out of junk bond status with this one.

Fresh of the heels of the Robyn Regehr trade the Sabres are now hotter than shit in free agency. I really like the Ehrhoff signing but why was he -13 in the postseason this year? I can't blame Luongo for all of that. Also I hope Regehr isn't another Craig Rivet. Regehr and Ehrhoff are both 6'2 + bruisers and go along way in solidifying a relatively weak defensive corps. Who will be the odd man out is a good question but one that can be answered down the line.

I highly doubt the Sabres will sign Brad Richards but nothing would be shocking at this point. I expect a trade for a center/forward to be a much more likely scenario.

Just don't resign Tim Connolly please. If Kotalik and Connolly are on this roster next year I'll puke. Try and trade Derek Roy, move Jochen Hecht and maybe this franchise will actually win a round in the playoffs for the first time since 2007. Oh and the fan boy owner T-Pegs keep walking the walk I love me some crow.

2 comments:

  1. I agree maybe moving hecht don't resign conolly and kotalik is a joke but trading Roy are you crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connolly- Good bye.
    Kotalik- Buy him out.
    Hecht- Should move him but won't.
    Roy- Id send in a package in 2 seconds.

    What we should do- Trade Suckera and a prospect or pick for Parise or Stastny

    ReplyDelete