Friday, August 31, 2018

Doug Marrone is an Idiot Just Ask Pepper Johnson

By Steve

Deadspin posted an insightful interview with former Bills LB coach Pepper Johnson today and Doug Marrone sounds like the biggest asshole dolt of them all.

"Was that Marrone who told you that in Buffalo?
As a matter of fact, it was other coaches, because they were already told that, when they got there. They were helping me out. ‘You have to stay in your lane.’ And I’m like ‘What does stay in your lane mean?’ ‘Ah, well, you’re going to learn it.’ Some things happen, and I learned it fast. One of the reasons why I bring up that is that this is something else that I felt like I was learning outside of that New England Patriot experience of how I started coaching. Okay. So stay in your lane. But it’s tough every time when I would ask someone about that statement, I couldn’t really get a clear answer. I’m asking Marrone, I’m asking some of the other coaches, because I believe that Pepper Johnson can help. If Pepper Johnson stays in this lane which you have given him, how can he help? How do I voice my opinion? I see something that I don’t really know if this if this approach is going to help because I’d like to, I like to talk to my players. I like to learn [about] every everybody individually because, as a player, this is what separated the good coaches, the average coaches, and the coaches I just frankly didn’t give a care about to me. Coach Parcells still today asks me about my mother, asks me about my son, and stuff like that.
Yikes.

Then there is this
"
I was so worried when I left the Patriots that people were just going to bring me in to pick my brain. When I walked into the Giants’ interview for defensive coordinator, I didn’t know if they were just going to pick my brain on what we do on defense, or if they really wanted me as a defensive coordinator. In Buffalo, we played the Patriots twice. The Jets were also in the division, so we played the Patriots twice. No one asked me anything, offensively or defensively, about the Patriots. And I’ve been with Bill Belichick more than 20 years"

How is that even possible?
Also there is a part where he flatly aays the Patriots were cheating but defends it saying if you werent cheating you werent trying. Ha ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment